Search This Blog

Sunday, July 5, 2015

A Very Hungry Caterpillar 1st Birthday Party

I like parties.  I love birthday parties.  I ADORE themed parties.
So, when Aidan's first birthday rolled around, there was no question in my mind - we were having a Very Hungry Caterpillar party!!!



I'm going to let you in on all the secrets.

Thankfully, the Very Hungry Caterpillar is a very colorful book.
The primary colors in it though are red and green.  So, that's what we went with.


Invitation:




Decor/Serveware:
- Fiesta wear dishes
- Little red and green tongs at Hobby Lobby
- A Very Hungry Caterpillar twist toy for the cake topper from amazon.com
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Napkins from carlemuseum.org
- Very Hungry Caterpillar book
- Food labels
- Water labels
- Juice boxes
- Red and green paper plates
- Red and green plastic utensils
- Lollipops
- Cupcake liners
- Paper grass
- Number "1" birthday candle

Food/Cake:
- Tie-dye cake mixes, white frosting (for the smash cake)
- Vanilla and chocolate cake mixes
- White frosting
- Red food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Apples
- Watermelons
- Strawberries
- Meat and cheese
- Butterfly shaped crackers

Favors:
- Dollar store bug catchers
- Gummy worms
- Bubbles
- Caterpillar party hats (made out of construction paper)

I made Aidan's tie-dye smash cake.  It looked so cool!  I layered them, and frosted the cake white.  Not my greatest work, but not too bad.





For everyone else, I made chocolate and vanilla cupcakes.


I dyed the frosting, and frosted the cupcakes.  Later on, I set them up to resemble the caterpillar.

On the way to the party space, the frosting on the cupcakes didn't hold up too well, but you'll see how it all turned out...

We had Aidan's party at one of my favorite spots here in Jacksonville.  It's an indoor play space called Bay n Bee.  It's so kid-friendly, and they are super helpful!  Everyone loved it, and it was great not having to worry about tear-down/clean up.  I would recommend them to anyone looking for a safe, fun and exciting place for a birthday party.

When the kids started arriving, they each got a Caterpillar party hat.  For the Caterpillar party hats, I took one piece of red construction paper, cut it in half long-ways, and stapled them together.  I cut out eyes and antennas, and glued them on.



For the favors, we bought dollar store bug catchers, put paper grass in the bottom, put in a few gummy worms, a little bottle of bubbles...



The table was set up adorably!



We also had the food table looking adorable.











We ended up having an amazing time, and even though he will never remember it, Aidan had a great time too!

1 comment:

  1. Best birthday party décor I must say! Well managed tables and of course the cake baking ideas are superb. Got to know about various NYC wedding venues and thinking to hire one of the budgeted locations for my sister's baby shower. Want to make her feel on cloud nine. Searching for famous caterers and bakers too.

    ReplyDelete