Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

DIY Cardboard Pirate Ship

I searched everywhere for a manageable DIY cardboard pirate ship.  I found a couple, but not really what I was looking for.  So, I figured it out as I went, and thought I would share it with you!



Here's what you'll need:
- 1 Large rectangular cardboard box
- Paper towel rolls
- X-acto knife
- Scissors
- Duct tape
- Hot glue gun
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint brushes
- Black construction paper
- Printed out Jolly Roger
- Twine


1. Here's the box
To give you on an idea of the size, Rubbermaid containers were in it. 









2.  I bent the flaps in, to create this shape.  
I used duct tape on the inside, and some hot glue as well.











3. I cut a rectangle shape in the top, using the X-acto knife.














4. Then, I used duct tape to close the back flaps up.














5.  I used the rectangle, and made a smaller one that would fit in the front hole.  I used duct tape and hot glue to fasten it again.





















6.  I traced 2 circles onto each side, then a larger one around that one.  I cut the smaller one out with an X-acto knife.























7.  I used the last bit of leftover cardboard for an anchor.  I drew an outline, and then cut it out!














8.  I used two paper towel rolls, and a toilet paper roll, stuck them inside each other, and secured it with hot glue.  I cut little slits in the bottom of the roll, fanned it out, and hot glued it into the boat for the mast.














9.  I printed out a not-scary looking Jolly Roger, and glued it onto a black piece of construction paper.  Then I glued that to the mast.

10.  Then, using acrylic paint, I painted portholes, and waves of water.




And there you have it!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you this is just what I needed. You saved me hours of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I hope your ship turned out argh-mazing!

      Delete