Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Pinterest Inspired

So, I'm sure most of you have heard about/use pinterest.  Lots of people complain that though it makes you feel artistic, crafty and creative, all you're doing is sitting at a computer looking at pictures.  While that sums up a lot of it, I actually have used some recipes I found on there, as well as some general household tips, and over the weekend I (we) finally made a couple of the items on my "DIY Ideas" board.  My husband and I had ourselves a Pinterest day!  I'll be posting his creation in another post.  My main item was a jewelry display.  I have a lot, and I mean A LOT of jewelry, and am always looking for ways to store/display it.  Also, with the addition of a poppy to our family, I need them to be in a place she can't get to them.  So, I saw this idea on thelook.today.msnbc.msn.com that I liked a lot.  This lady used drift wood, which I liked the look of, but didn't know where I was going to get from.  And she used... knobs.  I LOVE KNOBS!!!  There's a whole isle dedicated to them at most Hobby Lobbies, and I have a really hard time deciding where to start shopping; there, or in the scrappbooking section.  My mom bought me my knobs on vacation together.  If you're a garage saler, I'm sure you can find fun ones that way.  But, I got mine at Hobby Lobby.  Their price ranged from anywhere between $3.99 to $5.99.  So, I got 5 that complemented each other (I went with grays, whites and blacks, so it would go with any room's color scheme)
Our senior pastor makes things out of wood, so I got a piece of distressed looking wood from him.  Then, for extra display space, I got ceiling hooks and frame hooks at ACE (the helpful place).  I measured out where the holes should be, then drilled the holes (with some help from the hubby), and voila...!




So, just to recap, here's what you need:
1 Piece of wood
5 (or however many) knobs
Ceiling (or cup) hooks
Frame hooks
Drill 


So, have fun pinning as well as creating, and let me know if you have any suggestions, or pinterest inspired crafts you think I should try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment