Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Felt rosette pin/hair clip

So, I recently really love rosettes, especially as jewelry, or hair accessories.  I don't have any fabric right now, but thanks to my mom, I have beautiful felt.  So, I decided to try to make felt rosettes.  They turned out even cuter than I thought!  Check out the really easy tutorial!

Fun felt jewelry.


I used an inch wide, and about 4 1/2 inch long piece of felt, safety pins, and my trusty needles.

I started out by folding over a little bit on top, to make for a fuller .  Then I  rolled it into a tight bud.

Then, I kept rolling it, until I rolled the whole piece of felt up.

Next, I ran the needle through a few times, in a few places to secure it.  I tried to make sure that on top I didn't make any "visible" stitches.

At the end I ran the needle through the bottom, to tie it off.


Like this!

I made two of them.

I sewed to felt balls to the side, and then sewed a safety pin to it.  By using a safety pin, I can use it as a pin, or run a bobby pin through it, and add it to my hair.

Ta-da!!!

1 comment: