Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

DIY Wild Kratts Creature Power Discs

Aidan loves Wild Kratts.  Honestly, we ALL love Wild Kratts.
If you're not familiar with it, it's a PBS show for kids about two brothers who travel the world learning about animals.  They have a whole crew, one of whom, Aviva creates something called creature power discs.  They're these discs, that when they put them in their suit gives them the powers of that animal.  Aidan has the vest (suit part), but was in need of the discs.  So, I took matters into my own hands.

What you'll need:
- Wood discs (approx. $5), about 1 inch in diameter
- Acrylic paint
- (Color) printer (and paper, of course)
- White school glue
- Brushes

Instructions:
1. I printed out some creature power discs I found online. (Small enough for the disc.)
2. Next, I painted the wood discs the matching color.  (Both sides, and edges.)


3. After the paint dried, I cut out the paper pictures, and modge lodged them onto the discs, using the white school glue.  (If you're not familiar with this method, you put glue on the back of the picture, using a brush, stick it on the surface of whatever you're adhering it to, and then brush more glue on the top.)


4. I made them two-sided, to give him just that many more options.

Ta-Da!  That's it!








No comments:

Post a Comment