Since I recently shared our baby girl nursery, I thought it was only fair to share the "big brother's" room, too!
When we were setting up Aidan's nursery, we did an Around the World In 80 Days theme, so we were able to bring some of those elements with us.
When we were moving to Slovenia, we told Aidan that he would be getting a big-boy bed - and not just ANY big-boy bed, but a boat bed! My mom has a friend in Hungary who is an amazing carpenter, and my parents had him made the most wonderful boat bed! There is a working ship's wheel, and the front of the boat doubles as a toy chest! Less clutter makes for a happy mama!
The boat bed is almost exactly the length of the room (that made for an interesting moving day, lol!), which doesn't leave room for much else, but I think we've made a great, and fun room for our big guy!
Here are where we found some of his treasures:
- The shelves, closet, collage frame, art supplies, white bucket and rods are from IKEA
- The striped bedding (which is reversible, and has sharks on the other side) is from Max Studio Kids.
- My mom made the adorable whale stuffed animals!
- The name letters, hooks, and knobs are from Hobby Lobby.
- We bought the crazy cool (but hard to wash - just saying) rug at a little store here in Ljubljana, but I've found it on amazon.com.
- The antique suitcases (for holding the costumes, and such) are from the flea market in Budapest.
- The cute magnets in the "art corner" are from an artist we found in a cute city here, called Piran.
- We found the mounted shark head at H&M Home.
I love that his bed is functional and fun, and I think we've made good use of the smaller, "youth" room. Our family room doubles as a play room, so it all works all perfectly! :)