Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Preschool Winter Theme

It's winter.  But it's Florida.  But it's winter.  But it's Florida.
This is the dilemma I was faced with when we were in our "Winter" theme at school.  It took a little to get into it, but once I did, you know there was no stopping me.
The first week, we reviewed the vowels.  We made these cute penguin crafts, where we cut "U"s out of black paper, and colored scrapbook paper.  We also cut out the little wings, eyes, beaks and feet.  They were super cute.
One of my kids, Andrey, always draws a smiley face after his name.  It makes my day every time!

That same week, I read them "The Mitten" by Jan Brett.  I love that book!

I just bought the 20th edition of it, and I am thrilled to have kids to read it to!

So, in honor of the book, we laced mittens.  
What you'll need:
Foam paper
Yarn/string
Scissors
Hole Punch

I made a mitten form, and then traced it twice on the foam paper.  They cut them out.  Then, punched holes around the edges,  I tied off the yarn, showed them how to do it, and then let them lace up their mittens.
In the meantime, I made a bulletin board.  Started with blue paper, painted some wintery, bare trees and some snow- tada!!!



So, that's how we do winter in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment