Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies



Mmmm... I think we have a new addition to the Christmas cookie repertoire! Dan special requested these, and since they're one of my favorites too - I was happy to oblige!

Ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar 
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or, in my case, a chopped up bar of white chocolate into "morsels")
- 1 1/2 cup macadamia nuts - some chopped, some left whole

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 F/165 C.

2. Cream together (manually, or in a standing mixer) butter and sugars very well.

3. Add vanilla, eggs and salt, and mix well.

4. Add corn starch, baking soda, baking powder and flour. Mix until well combined.

5. Stir in nuts and chocolate.

6. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.

7. Drop 2 tbs of dough (I used an ice cream scoop to get them all the same size) at a time, approx. 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.

8. Bake for 10-11 minutes.

9. Allow to cool in pan for a few minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Store in an airtight container, or you can even freeze them!

Makes about 44-48.

These are delicious! I've shared them with neighbors and friends, and I can tell you - they're a hit! 
Please let me know if you decide to try these, I'd love to know how they turn out.

Here are some mouth watering pictures of these sweet things:








While I was taking pictures, I accidentally left some cookies within baby's reach - and when I turned around, she gave me the most satisfied look! Of course... I didn't let her eat it, but she loved sucking on it for a couple seconds, lol!




No comments:

Post a Comment